iTunes cannot connect to remote speakers
This is a quick post with a problem & solution.
I’ve been searching for ages tonight to find a solution to my problem:
‘iTunes suddenly cannot connect to my Airport Express Speakers” and could not find one answer on here, only a mixture of replies all over the net.
So, just incase some people are still looking for an answer:
What I did…
1. Go to System Preferences, Network.
2. Click Advanced, on the TCP/IP tab, set “Configure IPv6” to Off.
Open up Airport Utility, go to the Music tab, set a password (I did this just for the sake of seeing whether iTunes noticed that the Airport was now password protected, then atleast you know it’s talking!)
3. Open iTunes, go to preferences.
4. Click on the devices tab, untick “Look for remote speakers connected with Airplay, Allow iTunes control from Remote Speakers, Forget All Remotes.
5. Close iTunes
6. Open iTunes, retick “Look for remote speakers connected with Airplay, Allow iTunes control from Remote Speakers, Forget All Remotes.
7. Connect to remote speakers worked!
Posted on February 28, 2011, in iTunes and tagged Airplay, Apple, iPod, iTunes, Macintosh, network, News, playlist, XML. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on iTunes cannot connect to remote speakers.