Solved! Missing GarageBand instruments upon installation! – InsanelyMac Forum
Image via Wikipedia
Two ways to solve this.
- coolchiselz method: You can manually extract it by,1.
Go to the trash can, see there’s a tar file downloaded from the apple site.
It should be as this.
Double click it to unstuff.
Now you see GarageBandExtraContent.pkg, also double click it.
Installer will launch, continue and continue, finish the installer.
Open the garageband, you’ll see the updated apple loops and instruments.
- Kale R. method: Thank you! You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar. However, I had to take the necessary steps that differed from your instructions (to help avoid confusion for other readers, as I know this is a widespread problem).1. I found the .TAR file (GarageBandExtraContent.tar) in the trash.
2. I dragged the .TAR file to the desktop
3. I unarchived it and a new folder appeared on my desktop.
4. In the folder, there was another .TAR file (GarageBandExtraContent.pkg.tar) and an unknown file with no file extension. It was called signature.
5. I unarchived the new .TAR file and in the new folder was the .PKG file (GarageBandExtraContent.pkg) you mentioned.
6. I followed the onscreen instructions and opened GarageBand.
The missing instruments and loops were installed and functional! Thanks again for the help, coolchiselz!
via Solved! Missing GarageBand instruments upon installation! – InsanelyMac Forum.
Posted on January 9, 2011, in Garageband and tagged Apple, Apple Software Update, File Management, garageband, ilife, iMovie, iPhone, News, Tar (file format). Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.